Janett P. Smyth is Of Counsel in the firm’s Civil Litigation and Commercial Litigation practice group. Her areas of practice include general and professional liability, complex commercial litigation including partnership disputes, and the defense of negligence and personal injury claims. Janett litigates matters from inception through resolution, including appearing at trial, arbitration, and mediation proceedings. Janett is also experienced in counseling clients on an assortment of issues including risk management, contract drafting, and settlement negotiations.
Janett received her J.D. from Boston University School of Law, where she served as Articles Editor on the American Journal of Law and Medicine, and her B.A. magna cum laude from New York University. She speaks Spanish fluently and has a basic understanding of Portuguese and Galician.
Prior to joining the firm, Janett was an associate in the New Jersey offices of regional and international law firms, where she focused her practice on commercial litigation, financial services, and product liability matters.
Outside of the firm, Janett is the proud mother of three children and one “fur baby” Beagle-Pitbull, a rescue. She enjoys participating in community events and recreational activities with her husband and children.
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, District VIII Ethics Committee (2023-2027 term)
- New Jersey Defense Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- Middlesex County Bar Foundation, Trustee
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey, Co-Press Secretary (2023-2024 term)
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Diocese of Metuchen, Board of Trustees for Catholic Charities, Trustee