Rajvir S. Goomer is an attorney in the Transactional Group at the firm where he focuses on corporate law, business acquisitions, commercial and residential real estate, landlord tenant leases and litigation, intellectual property, municipal government and redevelopment law. Rajvir’s corporate practice ranges from corporate formations, purchase asset agreements, stock purchase agreements, and shareholder disputes. Rajvir has successfully guided clients through various commercial closings, ranging from small business transactions to multi-million dollar, multi-entity transactions.
Rajvir is well versed in governmental law, with over five years of experience as a township attorney, providing legal counsel at over 100 municipal meetings and hearings. Rajvir provides legal services to municipal administrations in all aspects of public entity legal matters, including local public contracts law, municipal litigation, eminent domain, and municipal ordinances.
Rajvir has a unique understanding of transactional law due to his undergraduate education, a Bachelor of Science in Biology with a Minor in Business, and his focus on Intellectual Property Law at Rutgers University School of Law. Parties in various transactions often overlook the intellectual property aspects of the deal. Rajvir’s background allows his clients to retain ownership of any copyrights, trademarks or patents that may be omitted in a transaction. Rajvir has successfully defended trademark infringement claims, and cease and desist notices, and prepared Work for Hire Agreements and Licensing Agreements.
Rajvir has over five years of experience in election law representing candidates on election day issues, provisional ballot challenges, recounts, and election petitions. As part of the transaction team, Rajvir has experienced success representing multiple candidates in election trials in Middlesex County.
Rajvir is an advocate and active participant in his local community. In his undergraduate career, he was President of the Indian Student Association. In law school, he served as the President of the Evening Student Association. Rajvir is also an active volunteer for the firm’s after school tutoring program with the local Lord Stirling School, and has been so since 2005.
- Member, New Jersey Institute of Local Government Attorneys
- Governor-Elect Murphy Law and Justice Transition Committee
- New Leaders Council -- NJ Advisory Board Member 2016-Present
- Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Funds Representative, 2017-Present
- NLC Life Entrepreneurship Trainer, 2014-Present
- South Asian American Caucus Middlesex County Co-Director 2015-Present
- Volunteer and Law Clerk Trainer, Special Civil Mediation, Middlesex County
- New Leaders Council -- NJ Fellow, 2013
- Evening Student Association, Rutgers University School of Law - Newark, President, 2010-2011
- 2018-2019, New Jersey Rising Stars list by New Jersey Super Lawyers
A description of the selection process methodologies on which these accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.