Honorable Mark B. Epstein became counsel to Hoagland Longo on June 1, 2005, upon his retirement from the New Jersey Superior Court bench. His practice is focused on arbitration, mediation and acting as special discovery/allocation master (SDM). Judge Epstein's last judicial assignment was to the Chancery Division, Middlesex County Superior Court. Previously, he served in the Civil Part of the New Jersey Superior Court for 10 years, where he was designated as the total handling judge for environmental cases, insurance coverage, and other complex cases. He has a Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rating, which is the highest rating awarded, identifies a lawyer with "very high to preeminent legal ability and is a reflection of his expertise, experience, integrity and overall professional excellence."
In 1983, Judge Epstein began his judicial career in the Middlesex County Family Part where he was Presiding Judge for eight of the eleven years he was assigned there. During his twenty-two year judicial tenure, Judge Epstein was instrumental in the settlement of several thousand matters including environment, insurance coverage, medical and legal malpractice, commercial, employment, civil rights, personal injury and matrimonial cases.
- Conflict Prevention & Resolution - NJ Regional Panelist; National Insurance Panelist; National Judicial Panelist.
- Approved Mediator U.S. Bankruptcy Court - District of New Jersey
- Charter Member, New Jersey Chapter, the NJ Academy of Mediators and Arbitrators, National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Rated AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2011, 2014-2019, New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2014, ABOTA Judicial Achievement Award
- 2016-2020, The Best Lawyers in America®list
- 2020, Best Lawyers®"Lawyer of the Year", Mediation; Woodbridge, NJ
A description of the selection process methodologies on which these accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.