Patrick J. McDonald has been practicing law and litigating cases since 1989 throughout the State of New Jersey. His practice primarily involves the defense of personal injury matters involving construction accidents, premises liability, commercial automobile and products liability. Also, he is experienced in litigating toxic tort cases, including exposure to chemicals and mold and environmental contamination matters.
Patrick is a graduate of Mount Saint Mary's University and Seton Hall University School of Law. After law school, he was a law clerk to the Honorable John A. Marzulli, the Assignment Judge in Essex County Superior Court.
His clients include a wide variety of businesses, trades and professionals that have been sued by someone alleging that they suffered personal injuries or property damage as a result of negligence. This is a representative list of clients he has:
- asbestos abatement companies
- construction managers
- construction companies
- property and building owners
- retail establishments
- security companies
- manufacturers of exercise equipment
- manufacturers of power saws
- fuel oil delivery companies
- environmental remediation contractors
- HVAC companies
- ambulance squads
- first aid squads
- volunteer ambulance and first aid squads
- volunteer fire departments
- Member, New Brunswick Rotary Club, 2006–Present
• Chair, Audit Committee, October 2016
• President, July 2009-2010
• President-Elect, July 2008-2009
• Vice-President, July 2007-2008
• Board of Directors, July 2007–July 2013
- Coach, Westfield Basketball Association, March 2002–April 2010
- Member, Knights of Columbus, January 1983–January 1997
- Member, Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (“CLM”)
- Rated AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient, 2010 Paul Harris Fellowship, New Brunswick Rotary Club
- The Best Lawyers in America list, 2020-Present
A description of the selection process methodologies on which these accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Super Lawyers® is published by Thomson Reuters. Best Lawyers in America® is published by Best Lawyers in partnership with U.S. News & World Report. Martindale-Hubbell® is published by Internet Brands, Inc. A description of their selection process can be found in the respective links above. The aforementioned organizations are private peer review organizations, not court-specific, public certification vehicles. No aspect of this advertisement has been submitted to or approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.