Michael J. Baker is an AV-rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell and leads the Transactional and Health Care Groups at the firm. Mike has practiced law at the firm his entire career and is a member of the firm's Executive Management Committee.
Mike's practice focuses on the representation of healthcare providers and entities in transactions and regulatory matters as well as the representation of numerous governmental entities as Township Attorney and as Special Counsel for Redevelopment.
Mike's Governmental Law practice also encompasses Brownfield Redevelopment, condemnation, land use & planning, and municipal litigation.
The firm's Health Care Group represents a wide range of clients, including hospitals, nursing homes, physicians, managed care, PHO/MSO, pharmacies, durable medical equipment, temporary nursing agencies, and other ancillary health care providers in connection with transactions, BME matters and various claims, including general negligence claims such as sexual assault, opioid addiction and malpractice defense.
A former elected official, Mike remains involved in politics and government, serving as General Counsel to the New Jersey Democratic State Committee from 2010-2013 and as a member on two New Jersey Department of Health advisory boards.
- Rated AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2008-2020, The Best Lawyers in America® list
- 2020, Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year", Health Care Law; Woodbridge, NJ
- 2017, Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year", Land Use & Zoning; Woodbridge, NJ
- 2015, Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year", Litigation - Real Estate; Woodbridge, NJ
- 2005-2007, 2014-2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- Recipient of the Blanch and Irving Laurie Foundation Young Leadership Award
A description of the selection process methodologies on which these accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.