Juliann Alicino is a Partner in the firm’s General Civil and Commercial Litigation practice group. She focuses her practice on the defense of civil matters, including the areas of general liability, premises liability, appellate practice, automobile liability, insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, construction litigation, contract disputes, and products liability.
Julie litigates matters from their inception through trial, with numerous cases tried to verdict. She has also successfully handled numerous appeals, and was published in the Appellate Division decision of James v. Ruiz, which has had a substantial impact on the use of expert testimony and the business records hearsay exception throughout the courts of New Jersey.
Deeply involved in the legal education of civil trial lawyers, Julie regularly participates as a lecturer and moderator for continuing legal education programs, including for the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New Jersey Defense Association, and county bar associations. In addition, Julie is a Director of the NJDA, a trustee for the Middlesex County Trial Lawyers Association, and an investigator for the District VIII Ethics Committee. She is also the President of the New Brunswick Free Public Library Board of Trustees. Recognized among the top defense lawyers in New Jersey, Julie was named to the NJBIZ "Forty Under 40" list in 2021 and was presented with the "Young Lawyer of the Year" award by the NJDA in 2019. She has also been consistently named a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers since 2019 and has been selected by peer review for inclusion by The Best Lawyers in America in the "Ones to Watch" category in the 2023 and 2024 editions for commercial litigation, insurance law, and personal injury litigation.
Julie received her B.A. from the University of Delaware, and her J.D. from New York Law School. She served as the judicial law clerk for the Honorable Jamie D. Happas, P.J.S.C., including a temporary assignment in the Appellate Division.
- New Jersey Defense Association, Director
- New Jersey Defense Association, Automobile Liability Committee, Chairperson
- Litigation Counsel of America, Associate Fellow
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Civil Trial Bar Executive Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Diversity Subcommittee on Education and Communication
- Middlesex County Trial Lawyers Association, Trustee
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, District VIII Ethics Committee
- The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch" list (2023 and 2024 editions)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars" list (2019-Present)
- NJBIZ, "Forty Under 40" list (2021)
- New Jersey Defense Association Young Lawyer of the Year Award (2019)
A description of the selection process methodologies on which these accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Super Lawyers® is published by Thomson Reuters. Best Lawyers in America® is published by Best Lawyers in partnership with U.S. News & World Report. Martindale-Hubbell® is published by Internet Brands, Inc. A description of their selection process can be found in the respective links above. The aforementioned organizations are private peer review organizations, not court-specific, public certification vehicles. No aspect of this advertisement has been submitted to or approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.