Michele G. Haas
Partner - New Brunswick
Michele G. Haas is Partner in the firm, concentrating her practice in Workers' Compensation. She has served various clients, including State Farm Insurance Company and Hartford Insurance Company and municipal entities, including the Middlesex County Utilities Authority and the Townships of Edison, Ewing, Hamilton, and Piscataway. Michele is also the Co-Chair of the firm's Cannabis Law Group. She is committed to remaining at the forefront of legal considerations relevant to the cannabis industry.
She is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Workers' Compensation Law Attorney. This certification is granted to attorneys who meet the standards set by the Attorney Board on certification and who are able to demonstrate sufficient levels of experience, education, knowledge, and skill in Workers' Compensation practice.
Michele has a long standing history with Justice James H. Coleman, Jr., Workers' Compensation American Inn of Court. She is Co-Chair of the Workers' Compensation Committees of both the New Jersey Defense Association and the Middlesex County Bar Association. Michele has also given several lectures and written articles concerning Workers' Compensation Law around the state and region for the Insurance Council of New Jersey, the CEU Institute, and various other entities.
Michele was named one of New Jersey's 2014 50 Best Women in Business by NJBIZ. She was named to the Rising Stars list from 2007 to 2013 in the field of Workers' Compensation.
Michele served as a member of the New Jersey Division of Workers' Compensation Centennial Committee in 2011 in which she coordinated various events and programs commemorating the 100th anniversary of workers' compensation law.
- President, New Jersey Defense Association, 2013-2014
- Chairman of the Board, New Jersey Defense Association, 2014-2015
- Vice Chair, Workers' Compensation Committee, New Jersey Defense Association
- Member, Diversity Committee, New Jersey Defense Association
- Co-Chair, Best Practices Committee, New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Character
- Member, Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (“CLM”)
- Former Co-Chair, Middlesex County Bar Association Workers' Compensation Committee
- Former Member, New Jersey District VIII Ethics Committee
A description of the selection process methodologies on which these accolades are based can be found HERE. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.