New Jersey Post-Judgment Lawyers

What is a post-judgment action?

When a divorce is finalized, it is typically as a result of a settlement agreement or the judge has entered a court order, setting forth all of the terms you are expected to follow. However, certain life changes or circumstances in the years following the divorce might require a modification to the existing order or agreement. Such modifications or updates to the existing order or agreement are considered post-judgment actions.

Changes in circumstances could include:

  • Job loss
  • New Job
  • Severe illness, including mental health issues
  • Permanent or long-term disability
  • Relocation (or the desire to relocate)
  • Discovery that a child has special needs or special talents
  • The emancipation of a child (upon reaching 18 or for other reasons)
  • Child going to college

If there has been a significant change in circumstances since your divorce, we invite you to speak with a member of our team about your particular matter. Please contact our New Brunswick or Red Bank office to speak with our experienced NJ post-judgment lawyers today.