Anthony C. Iacocca
Partner - New Brunswick
Anthony is a key partner in the firm’s Transactional Group and member of the firm’s 401k Committee. Anthony is also a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional and member of the Green Building Practice Group.
Anthony’s practice area includes commercial real estate, corporate law, municipal government and redevelopment. Anthony handles a wide range of complex commercial real estate and business acquisitions for various private clients from concept to closing. Anthony is proficient in all aspects of a transaction, including negotiation and preparation of purchase and sale agreements, due diligence, title review and resolution, easements, subdivisions, financing, leasing, 1031 exchanges, tax and environmental clearance. Anthony also handles foreclosures, loan workouts and short sales, including franchise acquisitions and business formation, transfers, and buyouts.
In addition, Anthony manages countless transactions for public clients in all areas of municipal government and redevelopment law, which includes providing advice and counsel to municipal governing bodies, redevelopment agencies, and department heads and representation at public hearings. Anthony regularly works with various players including builders, engineers, financial consultants, environmental consultants, investment consultants, and local, county, and State governmental agencies. Anthony is well versed in negotiating and preparing all types of agreements, such as redevelopment agreements, acquisition agreements, ground lease agreements, Payment in Lieu of Taxes (Pilot) agreements, professional services contracts, multi-party funding agreements, management agreements, and shared service agreements.
Representative matters include the following:
- Represented redevelopment agency in the redevelopment of 440 acre former industrial site for major mixed-use development, including closing on $90M land sale to private redeveloper and closing on $40M in public funds from the New Jersey Economic Development Authority.
- Represented NYC developer in land acquisitions for big box tenants, including preparation of commercial lease agreements.
- Represented regional marine transportation company in over $20M in new vessel construction contracts, including construction loan and permanent loan financing.
- Represented majority shareholder in sale of luxury lighting company to international corporation.
- Represented sole proprietor in sale of optometry practice and retail store to national franchise.
- Represented realty holding company in sale of commercial property to national retailer and acquisition of child care facility and acquisition of bank with 1031 funds.
- Represented municipal agency in the acquisition of retail property for major redevelopment project.
- Represented municipal corporation in the acquisition of hundreds of acres of open space with Hunterdon Land Trust, New Jersey Water Supply Authority, New Jersey Audubon Society, Hunterdon County, and NJ Green Acres.
- Represented private corporation in the sale of industrial facility to national warehouse developer.
- Represented the purchaser of existing franchise business in North Jersey, including corporate formation and leasehold assignment.
From 2007-2010 & in 2012, Anthony was selected to the New Jersey Rising Stars list by New Jersey Super Lawyers. In 2011, Anthony was selected to the New Jersey Law Journal Top 40 under 40 list.
Anthony is a former college soccer player who now enjoys teaching his young daughter the fundamentals of the game and participating in various recreational activities with his family.
- Member, New Jersey Institute of Local Governement Attorneys
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Hudson County Bar Association
- Member, Middlesex County Bar Association
- Member, USGBC-NJ
- Associate Member, Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Member, New Jersey League of Municipalities
- Member, Clinton F. C. Soccer Squad
- Former member, Zoning Board of Adjustment, City of Jersey City
A description of the selection process methodologies on which these accolades are based can be found HERE. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.