Patrick J. McDonald
Partner - New Brunswick
Patrick J. McDonald has been practicing law and litigating cases since 1989 throughout the State of New Jersey. His practice primarily involves the defense of personal injury matters involving construction accidents, premises liability, commercial automobile and products liability. Also, he is experienced in litigating toxic tort cases, including exposure to chemicals and mold and environmental contamination matters.
Patrick is a graduate of Mount Saint Mary's University and Seton Hall University School of Law. After law school, he was a law clerk to the Honorable John A. Marzulli, the Assignment Judge in Essex County Superior Court.
His clients include a wide variety of businesses, trades and professionals that have been sued by someone alleging that they suffered personal injuries or property damage as a result of negligence. This is a representative list of clients he has:
- asbestos abatement companies
- construction managers
- construction companies
- property and building owners
- retail establishments
- security companies
- manufacturers of exercise equipment
- manufacturers of power saws
- fuel oil delivery companies
- environmental remediation contractors
- HVAC companies
- ambulance squads
- first aid squads
- volunteer ambulance and first aid squads
- volunteer fire departments
Patrick believes that an early evaluation of cases on liability and damages exposure is critical in maintaining a good relationship with his clients. Based upon the initial evaluation he will take the most cost-effective approach during the course of litigation. If the case cannot be resolved then he will be ready for trial, calling upon his extensive trial experience with these matters.
He has organized, moderated, and spoken at numerous seminars relating to toxic mold litigation and leaking underground storage tanks. He has also been a lecturer at the Lead Tech Conferences in Washington, D.C.
- Member, New Brunswick Rotary Club, 2006–Present
- Chair, Audit Committee, October 2016
- President, July 2009-2010
- President-Elect, July 2008-2009
- Vice-President, July 2007-2008
- Board of Directors, July 2007–July 2013
- Coach, Westfield Basketball Association, March 2002–April 2010
- Member, Knights of Columbus, January 1983–January 1997
A description of the selection process methodologies on which these accolades are based can be found HERE. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.