Gary J. Hoagland is Of Counsel to the firm's Transactional Department. The former Managing Partner, Gary has spent his entire legal career at Hoagland, Longo, Moran, Dunst & Doukas, following in the steps of his late father John J. Hoagland who founded the firm in 1977.
With over 30 years of practice, Gary is a trusted legal advisor to individuals, beneficiaries, executors, trustees, and guardians in probate and estate planning and management. Gary focuses on elder law, representing older or disabled persons on a wide range of issues including those relating to health care, Medicare/Medicaid, long term care planning, and retirement. He also concentrates on residential and commercial real estate transactions and small business consulting. In 2017, 2019 and 2021 he was recognized by Best Lawyers as "Lawyer of the Year" in the area of Tax Law for the Woodbridge, NJ area. This recognition is awarded to one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback in each specific practice area and location.
Gary speaks extensively throughout New Jersey to civic, professional, and religious organizations on estate planning, elder law, and small business planning. He also participates in the Middlesex County and Somerset County Surrogate's Speaker's Programs directed at providing information to senior citizens' groups on probate, elder law, and estate planning. He is a volunteer attorney for the New Brunswick Senior Center and the non-profit organization, Central Jersey Spinal Cord Association (CJSCA).
- Central Jersey Spinal Cord Association (CJSCA) since the organization's inception in 1987.
• Serves as counsel to the organization
• Serves on the Annual Dinner Committee
- Metuchen Community Services, Division of Catholic Charities, Diocese of Metuchen, President and Board of Trustees Member
- New Brunswick Cultural Center, Inc., Vice President and Board of Trustees Member
- St. Joseph High School, Metuchen, NJ, Board of Governors and Finance Committee Member
- The Best Lawyers in America (2015-Present); "Lawyer of the Year" in Tax Law (2017, 2019 and 2021)
A description of the selection process methodologies on which these accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Super Lawyers® is published by Thomson Reuters. Best Lawyers in America® is published by Best Lawyers in partnership with U.S. News & World Report. Martindale-Hubbell® is published by Internet Brands, Inc. A description of their selection process can be found in the respective links above. The aforementioned organizations are private peer review organizations, not court-specific, public certification vehicles. No aspect of this advertisement has been submitted to or approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.