Can the President of the United States abolish birthright citizenship by an executive order? As a person who was not born in this country and who is about to have a child, this question hits close to home.
We handle complex family based immigration matters. Our firm provides representation to individuals and families before the various areas within the Department of Homeland Security including the Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Among the areas where we offer our services are:
- Political Asylum
- Marriage based immigration
- Deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA)
- Green Cards
- Citizenship application
- Removal/Deportation defense
- Temporary Protected Status / Sanctuary
- Visas for victims of domestic violence
- Waivers of inadmissibility and deportation
- Special Juvenile Status
We personally understand the sensitivity, importance, and emotions involved in this area of practice.
Nosotros nos encargamos de asuntos complejos de inmigración basados en la familia. Nuestra firma provee representación a las personas y las familias ante las diferentes áreas dentro del Department of Homeland Security incluyendo el Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Entre las áreas en las que ofrecemos nuestros servicios son:
- Asilo político
- Inmigración basada en el matrimonio
- La acción diferida para los Llegados en la Infancia (DACA)
- Tarjetas Verdes (Green Card)
- Solicitud de ciudadanía
- Defensa de Deportación
- Estatus de Protección Temporal (TPS)
- Visas para víctimas de violencia doméstica
- Exenciones de inadmisibilidad y deportación
- Estado Juvenil Especial
Entendemos personalmente la sensibilidad, importancia , y las emociones involucradas en esta área de práctica.
Hoagland Longo assists individuals in achieving their education, career, and life goals in the United States. Our focus is in helping students and graduates navigate the immigration path by empowering them with the ability to come to universities, employers, and sponsors with answers and options for their immigration issues. Among the areas where we offer our services are:
- F-1 Student Visa (Academic Students)
- M-1 Student Visa (Vocational Students)
Pre-Graduation Employment Authorizations
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) (pre-completion)
Post-Graduation Employment Authorizations
- Optional Practical Training Extension (OPT) (post-completion)
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Extensions
- CAP-GAP Extensions
Post-Graduation Employment Visas
- J-1 Visa
- H-1B Visa
- O Visa
Related Blog posts
Rooted in Precedent and Simultaneously Unprecedented: President Trump’s Executive Action on Immigration
In an informative blog article on the recent updates to Immigration under the Trump Administration, Julio Navarro with our Immigration Department notes the instances in which section 1182(f) of the INA of 1952 was invoked to bar a certain class of persons from entering the country. Within the context of this statute, Mr. Navarro demonstrates that while President Trump’s order is rooted in precedent, it is simultaneously unprecedented.
Criminal Trial vs. Deportation Proceedings: What Sets Them Apart?
According to a recent Reuters report, officials are targeting “hundreds of Central American mothers and children found to have entered the country illegally.”
Most foreign citizens who want to live permanently in the United States obtain immigrant visas. There are family based immigrant visas, employment based immigrant visas, special immigrant based visas, and diversity based immigrant visas. However, another way for foreign citizens to gain permanent residence in the United States is through a dual intent non-immigrant visa.