When a divorce is finalized, it is typically as a result of a settlement agreement or the judge has entered a court order, setting forth all of the terms you are expected to follow.
However, certain life changes or circumstances in the years following the divorce might require a modification to the existing order or agreement.
Changes in circumstances could include:
- Job loss
- New Job
- Severe illness, including mental health issues
- Permanent or long-term disability
- Relocation (or the desire to relocate)
- Discovery that a child has special needs or special talents
- The emancipation of a child (upon reaching 18 or for other reasons)
- Child going to college
If there has been a significant change in circumstances since your divorce, we invite you to speak with a member of our team about your particular matter. Please contact our New Brunswick or Red Bank office today.