- Home >
- News & Events >
- Kimberly Mento Becomes a Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the New Jersey State Supreme Court
Kimberly Mento Becomes a Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the New Jersey State Supreme Court02.12.2009
Congratulations to Kimberly Mento an associate in the General Litigation department who is now a Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court
The firm congratulates Kimberly Mento who practices in our General Litigation department on becoming the firm’s first female Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court, a designation achieved by only a select few of all New Jersey attorneys. She joins six other attorneys in the firm with this certification and one with a certification in Workers’ Compensation.
This certification is granted by the Supreme Court to attorneys who are able to meet the standards set by the Board on Attorney Certification including
- has been a member in good standing of the New Jersey Bar for at least five years;
- has taken a specific number of continuing legal education courses in the three years prior to filing an application;
- demonstrates substantial involvement in preparation of litigated matters;
- demonstrates an unblemished reputation by submitting a list of attorneys and judges who will attest to the applicant's character and ability; and
- passes a written examination covering various aspects of practice in the designated specialty.