Matthew D. Cassidy
Matthew Cassidy is an associate in the firm’s Environmental & Toxic Tort Department, focusing his practice on environmental and mass tort litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Matthew served as law clerk to the Honorable John A. Jorgensen, Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Family Part in Middlesex County. Before attending law school, Matthew was the Communications Director for New Jersey State Senator Joseph F. Vitale, where he was responsible for developing and managing all of the Senator’s public relations with local, state, and national press. In this role, he also helped to draft legislation on a number of issues, ranging from Megan’s Law to initiatives designed to improve New Jersey’s health care system.
Matthew graduated with a B.S. in Business Administration from Elon University’s Martha and Spencer Love School of Business and later from Rutgers University School of Law in Newark, New Jersey. In law school, Matthew was the Managing Editor of the Rutgers Business Law Review and the Jackson Chapter President of the Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity. He was also President of the Irish American Law Students Association, whose mission is to encourage inclusiveness and cross-cultural understanding with a secondary focus on current political and legal issues in Ireland.
Matthew participates in various charitable events and activities held throughout the year including Habitat for Humanity, March of Dimes, and the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Middlesex County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Middlesex County Regional Chamber of Commerce, Young Professionals Committee
- Member, Elon Alumni Association
- Member, Rutgers School of Law Alumni Association
- Member, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International
- Member, Joseph Halpern-David Furman American Inn of Court